Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What Have I Done!??!??!

This is how my day ended yesterday....the #s were absolutely crazy wild.  At one point....
#3:  Well, I'm not sharing her so we'll just split her....and I want her head.
Me:  Wait.  What?  Nobody is splitting anybody!
...so now #3 thinks he can go all Solomon on our family!?!?!?  This kid keeps me on my toes...AT ALL TIMES!

So today was the last day of my summer.  I start tomorrow with professional development days, then back to school bashes, meetings with teachers, etc.  So today we slept in....and I don't mean we woke up at 8am, I mean, the #s and I were still asleep at 10am.  When they woke up, they decided to snuggle in our bed and watch tv.  It was a very nice way to end my summer.  WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!  MY SUMMER IS GONE!!!!!!!!!

So as we're snuggled in bed watching tv, I reached for my phone and I dropped it...on #2's face.  As you might can see, there is a red mark below his right eye....and there's a bump.  There were tears and apologizes and lots of snuggles after that. 

We finally got up....
#2:  I'm not hungry....I think I'll just stay here in bed and watch tv.
WHAT!?!?!?!  I knocked his personality out of him!  This kid doesn't sit still for anything...ANYTHING!
Me:  I can make you lunch or breakfast.  I'll make you whatever you want.
#2:  Maybe just some string cheese....no, I don't even want that.
Me:  Are you okay?  Are you feeling bad?  Does your eye hurt?
#2:  I'm fine.  I just want to stay in bed and watch tv.
Me:  Do you want anything?
#2:  Can I have the heated blanket on?
Me:  Are you sure you don't want anything?
#2:  I just want to relax.....you need to take it easy Mom...summer is almost over. 
....WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!??!?!?!  So here is #2.....with the fan blowing on his face, the heated blanket on, the lights off, and a football game on the tv. 

Today was pretty much a day of nothingness.  I had no desire to do anything except be with the #s.  We played video games, watched tv, talked....you know, all the things that I'm going to be much different about come next week.....
NO MORE VIDEO GAMES...DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR TV...GO TO BED!
WE'LL TALK AS WE'RE TUCKING YOU IN BED!
....sad, but reality comes next week.

#1 did tell me that he didn't like playing video games with me......
#1:  You know, I just want you to calm down and have fun.  You're too competitive.
Me:  TOO COMPETITIVE!?!?!  I am having fun!
#1:  No one can have that much fun....you were so competitive that it wasn't fun to play with you.
Me:  It's a game.  I am having fun, but I want to win.
 #2:  Yeah, he complained about this and told me not to tell you.  I don't see a problem with it.
#1:  CUZ YOU ARE JUST LIKE HER!!!!!
Me:  So being like me is a bad thing?
#1:  No, but you're too competitive....and....
Me:  So I should have just let you win?
#1:  No, what I'm trying to say is....
#2:  You lost at Mario Brothers and you're mad that Mommy beat you?
#1:  Yes....cuz I just wanted to have fun and I didn't care about winning the level.
Me AND #2:  THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF PLAYING THE GAME!??!!?
....okay, so maybe it is like living with a mini-me.  Well, at least I can say one of these #s is just like his momma in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley