Monday, July 20, 2015

I'm Sure #3 Will Be on the Dr. Phil Show.....

Me:  Get up.
#3:  I'm not getting up.
Me:  We've got to go.
#3:  I am never getting enough sleep and it is all your fault.
Me:  Great.......get up. 

And this is how my morning started with #3.  He just sat around in the bed and tried to cover up with the blanket until he realized I was holding the blanket and wouldn't give it to him.  Nice how he blamed me for him not getting enough sleep.  Seriously kid.....you're already blaming me for your problems?  Where's Dr. Phil?  I'm sure he'll talk to you about me....what a show THAT would be!

Hubby:  Goodbye everybody...have a great day at school!
#3:  SCHOOL!?!?!!!??  I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!! 
(cue the screaming, crying and thrashing of body all over the place)
Me:  Thank you.....this should make my day easier.
.....I am guessing that I need to prep him for school now.....I'm sure 2 1/2 weeks will be long enough....well, I'm guessing 2 1/2 weeks is all I've got to prep him.  

I made the #s get ready and we headed to my second classroom....to put up bulletin boards....again.  I won't bore you with the hatred I have for bulletin boards again....but I got it done.


Did you know that my #s think that they are supposed to have three meals a day?  I mean, in the summer I might could eat one meal a day with a few fruit pieces thrown in and I'm good.  On the other hand, #2 thinks that he is supposed to eat three meals a day plus snacks in between.  So after the entire bags of snacks that I brought to the schools, I had to stop and get them lunch.  What are these #s thinking?!?!!? 

I stopped at a place near the second school we were going to....
Me:  Do you have grilled cheese?
Lady:  No.
Me:  Can you make a grilled cheese?
Lady:  I don't think we can do that.
Me:  Can you charge me for a cheeseburger and then just put bread and cheese together?
Lady:  Hold on just a second.....hey Dude...can we put bread and cheese together with no meat?
Dude:  I think so.
Lady:  Yes, we can do that.
.....well, apparently they can't.  I got to the school.....this bread and cheese had pickles, onions, ketchup...AND A BURGER!!!  And they got his drink wrong too......
#1's Text:  They got #3's drink wrong.
My Text:  Give him mine...it's diet and we know he likes that....
#1's Text:  No, he got diet too. 
#1's Text:  Mommy?
Me:  Send him to the front office and I'll take care of him. 
.....if this tells you anything, #1 didn't want to deal with it.  I mean, when #3 wakes up in a bad mood, we all kinda rely on each other for help.....and laughter. 

If I didn't have enough to do today, I took the #s to the grocery store.  YAY!!!!!!  So the entire time, #3 is asking for a stuffed animal, #2 is asking for string cheese and #1 is talking...just talking.  We were there for about an hour and then I looked and all the checkout lanes are full except the self checkout.  UGH! 

On a side note, I worked in a grocery store from the time I was 15 years old all the way through college.  I worked as a bagger, a cashier, a stocker, and a store front head.  I scanned groceries for six years and I always said I would never go to a self checkout lane because I think that having a cashier was more personal and that's the way grocery checkout should be. 

Back to the point......I went to the self checkout lane because I was tired of arguing with #3 about a stuffed animal and I wanted to check out fast.  So as I'm scanning the groceries, I would tell the #s what I wanted bagged together.....you know, frozen foods in one bag, fruit in the other, bathroom stuff in the other, etc.  As we are checking out, #3 is complaining about not getting a stuffed animal....seriously kid, we have enough stuffed animals to cover our entire floor in our house with them and now you're complaining about not getting one....right now?!?!!  As he is mad as we leave...you know, stomping, folding his arms, walking 5 feet behind me, eyebrows down, frowning, trying to mumble (but really saying it loudly cuz he wants to make sure I can hear him).  So I get him to carry the big plastic tubs.....SUCCESS!!!!  He starts carrying out these plastic tubs that are bigger than he is, but he feels like a muscle man.....and I get him out of the store! 

We get to the car....and I have no room in the car or the trunk cuz it's filled with my classroom materials.  WHAT!?!?!?!  So I get the #s in the car, put the groceries in the plastic tubs and then put the rest of the groceries on the floor in the back and the bread in the trunk.  Seriously, I am a much better planner than this....except for today. 

Tonight our family had movie night.  It's always nice to sit in the den, snuggled up with the family and watch a movie.  It's also nice to hear the #s giggle and have a good time just being with family.....I absolutely LOVE our life by numbers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley