Saturday, July 18, 2015

We Had NOTHING To Do Today...

.....it was so wonderful to sleep in, watch cartoons in bed with #3 and just get up when we wanted to this morning....the joys of summer (and having Hubby home on Fridays)....so if we totally missed something that you had invited us to, please accept our apologies! 

I did work on classroom stuff today.  I'm pretty sure I would have gotten much more accomplished if I was at school because I wouldn't have to stop every ten minutes saying....
*put the ball down
*no you can't have ice cream
*please put on pants
*I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear the tv
*again, you need pants on
*if that ball hits our semi-good stuff again, you're going to be in trouble
....but I did get all of my bulletin board stuff cut out and ready to go up tomorrow.

Speaking of bulletin boards...I'm not creative.  I have no desire to do bulletin boards...ever.  I must have missed the "bulletin boards bring joy" class in college cuz the only thing they bring me is hatred for colored paper and the local parent teacher store where I spend so much money.  What even makes it worse is that I have to do this for three schools...THREE SCHOOLS!  And none of the classrooms look the same and one of them I share, so nothing is exactly the same.  In fact, when totaling up the bulletin boards that I have to make "joyful" this week, it comes to 8 bulletin boards.  That's already a bad math problem when you're looking at me having three schools.  And then it gets worse:
School 1:  2 extra long bulletin boards and 1 short one
School 2:  1 extra long bulletin board and 3 short ones
School 3:  1 short one
...it makes no sense to me.  So today I tried to make sense of it all and get my ideas ready cuz I'm headed to one of my schools tomorrow and putting all the boards up...and then there's the hatred for staplers and extra long sheets of bulletin board paper.

Tonight we promised the #s that if I got my school stuff done, we'd play some games.  Now our games usually end like this:
#1 getting hurt
#2 getting mad because he either didn't win or someone didn't play fair or he didn't want to quit
#3 getting mad because he either didn't win or it was time for him to get mad
....tonight was no different. 

First, #2 picked "Ga-ga ball".  This is usually an outdoor sport that is in a fenced off area where you hit a ball underhanded and can only hit your opponent from the knee down.  Not today...it's too hot. So we played in the den.  Playing ball happens in our house every day....every single day.  It really doesn't bother me too much cuz I know one day they won't be living here and every broken piece of furniture will remind me of them.


This game ended in....
#1 getting hurt cuz he tripped on something
#2 getting mad cuz he didn't want to quit playing AND I accidentally kicked the ball at his nose
#3 getting upset because....I don't remember, but I do remember him upset about something

#1 and #3 picked "Picture Apples to Apples"...by the way, we love this game.  I love to hear the #s laugh at the picture they received.  We bought this game for vacation and never played, but we've played it a lot since we came home.  There is a lot of laughter.....and then crying....this time cuz someone wasn't winning. 

Our house is full of people that like to compete.  I'm pretty sure that's why someone is crying at the end of every game.  Even tonight as they came to tell us goodnight, #1 and #2 raced to our room, raced to see who could hug us first, race to see who could get to their room the fastest.  It's ALWAYS a competition in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley