Monday, July 6, 2015

I Want Meat

 #3 woke up in a great mood.  He was joking.  He was laughing.  He was smiling.  This is not a typical morning for him.  When he left to get ready for the beach....
Hubby:  Wow.  #3 woke up in rare form today.
Me:  Yes....just remember "rare form" for him doesn't always mean good things.
Hubby:  Awwww....come on now.
Me:  It might seem like unicorns pooping out rainbows now, but I'm pretty sure that by the end of the day, that rainbow is gonna stink.
......and it wasn't the end of the day.  It was the first few minutes out onto the beach when he was just as scared as #2 was about the ocean.  Nice to hear a second child crying on the beach.  He kept saying something stung him, but I'm pretty sure it was the life jacket pinching him......

My secret dream didn't come true....#2 went back into the ocean today.  And I'll tell ya, I was proud of him for the little bit that he stayed in.  Every time he saw something that could move, he was jumping out of the ocean faster than he could blink.  By the end of our time at the ocean today, we were just standing at the edge of the ocean watching the fish swim by. 

Well....I saw we were all standing, actually, #3 has found his sensory heaven.  He was sitting in the sand, letting the waves crash on his legs and banging two shells together.  Hubby and I actually were in awe of how well he just sat there and took it all.  Now....if I could somehow bring the beach to #3 in Kentucky....

The day was beautiful and at one point in the late afternoon, we had the pool all to ourselves.  It was fabulous playing football and "monkey in the middle" with the #s.  We decided to go out to eat cuz the #'s wanted to try some restaurants around town.  Apparently everybody eats here around 7:30pm cuz the third restaurant was the one with the parking spots available.  The wait was 30 minutes and every few seconds, one of our #s were saying something like....
"I'm starving"
"How much longer"
"Has it been 30 minutes yet"
"What time is it"
....it was a peaceful waiting time.  We did get there and #2 couldn't find anything to eat....he kept saying "I want meat".  Meat.  Seriously?  There is meat everywhere.  So Hubby and #2 shared this platter together.....ribs, chicken and shrimp.  I must admit.....#2 really DID want meat! 
 #2:  YUCK!!!
Hubby:  What?
#2:  This cole slaw!  Why would anybody want cole slaw....it's tastes just like a salad!  UGH!!!

 During dinner, #3 got the hiccups.  People have told us that if you eat a spoonful of sugar, the hiccups will go away....so I tried it....and they went away....
#3:  That is SO COOL!!!!
Me:  I KNOW!!!!
#3:  But it really is too sugary for me.
Me:  Sorry about that (insert eye roll)
#1:  I want some sugar. 
(I gave him sugar)
#1:  Mom, you're not pretty...you're gorgeous....I think that deserves some more sugar!
Me:  Thank you and nice try! 

And then afterwards, #3 was begging for dessert.....this is a face I get often....
                                                                                                                 ......in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley