Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Still Hate Cancer....But PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

When I realize that the #s were up all last night, I knew that Hubby's CT scan was on everybody's mind.  #1 actually woke up this morning and snuggled in bed and said "I just can't get any sleep"....and slept with me holding him for the next two hours. 

We got up and got ready.....I say "got ready" loosely because every five minutes I'm reminding them that we have to go.  Seriously #s...TODAY we HAVE to GO!  I had two classrooms to finish and #3 had therapy.....seriously....WE HAVE GOT TO GO!!!!!

In the 45 minutes that it took me to get ready, I know I said the same things over and over:
finish eating
no more ball in the house right now
do not hit your brother
you cannot wear your pajamas
stop chasing each other around the den
yes, you have to wear underwear
have you washed your face.....today????
why are all the lights on
pick up your pajamas
why are there clothes on the floor
have you brushed your teeth
why are you still not dressed
....no wonder it took me so long to get ready.  And this is an EVERY day occurrence.   I love the #s...but they have no sense of time or speed....and I'm pretty sure they don't care. 

We got things ready at school number three and then headed to my home school.  Thanks to one of the precious kindergarten teachers, I got to meet two little future kindergarteners.  I sang to them and asked if they were going to Kinder Kamp on Friday and they smiled and said yes.  Even though I absolutely LOVE being home with my #s, I do love teaching.  I mean, I LOVE teaching children music. 

This is going to sound really pompous, but I truly believe that if God gives you a gift, you need to use it.  I feel that God gave me the gift to teach children and to teach them music.  We have SO MUCH FUN in class.  We dance, we sing, we act, we goof off....and we are still learning about music!  I get to teach them about Beethoven, Bach, the Blues, Rap...the possibilities are endless and so is our fun!  I actually get to teach a very diverse group of students....I mean, I do teach almost 1000 students....and I really do love my kiddos at all of my schools.  I taught elementary school my very first year of teaching.....and I counted down to summer from day 1.  I know that the first year isn't always the best and I just didn't know what to do.  I taught high school most of my teaching career....and let me tell ya, I love my high schoolers.  They are amazing!  I got to really talk to these kiddos...and I'm actually friends and keep in touch with some of those precious souls.  So when I got the opportunity to teach elementary school again, I was nervous.  There weren't big productions in elementary school, there weren't sarcastic comments, there weren't 1 1/2 hours and every day of seeing these kiddos.....but I LOVE IT!!!!!!  As much as I'm not a hugger, I get hugs all the time and they love to show me their outfits or tell me about their day.  I am so lucky and honored to teach at my three schools.....and the people I work with....well, they are amazing (and they put up with me)!

Okay, enough of that mushy stuff.....
Today was Hubby's CT scan.  He had to have contrast, so it takes about two hours to complete this scan.  The doctor's appointment was right after the CT scan.  Now, to give you some insight to the past appointments, Hubby has a scan and it takes about a week before he gets a letter or a call from the doctor with the results.  So I'm not quite sure why the #s and I couldn't get any sleep last night because it's not like we were going to find out any results.  So Hubby calls me and says "guess what, the CT scan results were with the doctor by the time I got there....and the CT scan is clean....cancer-free for the second year in a row"!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!  Seriously....why has it taken a week in the past?!?!!?  Who cares!  We know now that he is cancer-free!!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  I love that the entire family gets excited about this too!  When I told the #s, they started smiling and clapping and even #1 said "Whew......I'm so glad".  Never thought I'd have to get excited about saying "cancer-free"....but I'm glad I get to say that!

So after a nice fit after therapy from #3 cuz I wouldn't let him go to Fortify (youth group), we headed home and ate.  Then we played with this really cool stuff called "foam".....look at the things we made....
This is #3 and his "bunny rabbit"...after taking a picture, he gave me a dissertation about how he smiles like this because of something to do with his cheeks and the corners of his mouth and how he thinks that if I face the phone towards him so he can see what he is doing, he would like his smile more....this is the second picture. 
 And this is #2 with a character from a show that drives me crazy...Uncle GrandPa.....and his character is "Pizza Steve".....Pizza Steve is sideways so you might want to turn your head to the right....do you see it now?  He's a pizza slice with hands. 
Yeah....it's never dull in our life by numbers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley