Sunday, July 5, 2015

I Didn't Have Any Material.....UNTIL.....

It has rained all day.  Seriously all day.  Can you imagine having three boys in a two bedroom condo and it raining all day?  Well I sure can and it ain't pretty.  I woke up to #2 pounding me on my arm saying "it's time to get up...it's our early day"....and then Hubby saying "turn off the alarm....it's thundering".  Maybe not a good start to the day, but at least it was a start.

We ate breakfast, they watched tv, we did some laundry, we sat on the balcony...enough...we're going outside.  We did have fun sitting on the beach while it was sprinkling and building sandcastles and going to the pool.  I mean, we're gonna get wet anyway, who says you can't go swimming in the rain?!!?!?  And before I get feedback, we did go back in when it was storming.

The afternoon was quiet...and full of rain...and we did the same thing...out in the rain.....and then it happened....my worst fear.....IN THE OCEAN....

As you know from my previous post, I don't like the ocean.  So I decided to sit at the edge of the ocean and watch Hubby and the #s play....lots of smiles, lots of laughing....and then....
#2:  HELP!!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!  IT BIT ME!!!!!!
...I am thinking "shark".....I am mortified...almost still like a statue.  #2 runs towards me and is screaming and crying and I can't understand a word that he's saying.  I look at where he's pointing....his leg.  I'm thinking "it's still there, so no shark...but what is hurting".  I watch as his leg starts to swell.  Hubby is now out of the ocean with the other #s and I am headed, with #2, to the condo.

As we are headed back, I'm thinking that I can use the hose because it's cold water and whatever reaction he is having won't spread with cold water.  You know what #2 is doing....
#2:  (screaming at the TOP of his lungs)  I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!  IT HURTS SO BAD!  MOMMY, I AM GOING TO DIE....IT HURTS
.....then we get to the pool area....
#2:  (still screaming) I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!  I CAN'T EVEN WALK!  MOMMY.....I'M GOING TO DIE
......at this point, I see my mother-in-law from the balcony and ask her to get my father-in-law.....he knows a ton and he can help us out.  Also at this point, people are coming out on their balconies to see the screaming child.  I even had one person wave at me.  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!  My kid is screaming and you're waving?!??!!?!?  Nice, now we're a freak show to some people.

About the time my father-in-law comes to help, the security guard is making his rounds....remember, #2 is still screaming....
Dude:  Is he okay?
Me:  He said he was bit by something
Dude: (looks at #2's leg) He was stung by a jellyfish....and it got him really good.  Do you have any vinegar?
....about this time I'm thinking "who the heck carries vinegar with them to the beach....does this guy want fish.......I don't know if I even have vinegar at home"
Me:  No, I don't have any.
Dude:  I've got some in our office....I'll go get that and a credit card.
.....credit card?  Am I being charged?  Do I pay him for help?  Pay attention Kelley....you're son is still screaming.

The dude comes back and pours vinegar on #2's leg and then gently scrapes his leg with a credit card to get rid of any barbs from the jellyfish.  Then he pours a little more vinegar on his leg.....
Dude:  Now you need to have him drink water for the next 30 minutes to make sure he can swallow....cuz if he can't swallow, then we're in real trouble.
......Hubby is with me at this point and I run upstairs and get the epi-pen.....at least that would buy us a little more time if he does have any problems....
#2:  (back to screaming)  OH MY GOODNESS!  YOU'RE GONNA SHOOT ME WITH THAT!!!!  DON'T SHOOT ME WITH THAT MOMMY!!!!
Me:  I am not going to shoot you with this....you have GOT to keep your voice down....you have an audience now and I would like for you to stay with me for the rest of our vacation.  

During the 30 minutes, #2 has calmed down and begged to go home...right then.  He says he's done with the ocean.  Inside, I'm secretly excited that I have someone to build a sandcastle with, but instead of sharing my joy....
Me:  You'll be back in the ocean in no time.
#2:  No I won't....I'm just gonna stay with you on the sand.  I hate nature....and I hate it being all over me.
.....inside...I'm still smiling.

We did talk about how this whole thing happened.  A wave sit him while he was in the floatie and the wave brought a jellyfish into his floatie.  He said it stung him a few times (which we saw) and he grabbed it and threw it out of the floatie.  When I looked at his hands, he did have a few spots on his arm.  After he threw it out, he jumped out of the floatie and ran to the shore.  He said it "felt squishy".  

After 30 minutes, #2 was in the pool, splashing around.  Tonight he's complained of his leg hurting and we're watching him, but he seems to be okay.  Right now he has a small golf ball size circle on his leg with two tentacle imprints coming down.....there's never a dull moment in our life by numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley