Thursday, July 2, 2015

They are so different!

I've been packed since Monday at 2:17pm.  I am not joking...I packed the #s and myself and have been ready for vacation since Monday. 
When are we leaving?  Friday. 
How long did it take me to pack us?  Two hours.  
Why would I pack so early?  So the #s wouldn't wear their clothes this week.
I'm thinking I might have a problem.

So today Hubby FINALLY packed.  It took him nine minutes.  How in the world!?!?!??!?!  I seriously thought about each #'s outfit, placed them on the bed, took the time to make sure that everything would match if they decided to switch the shorts and shirts, placed them in the suitcase together....HOW DID IT TAKE HUBBY ONLY NINE MINUTES!??!?!?! 


We finally were headed out the door to get some last minute items and #3 walks downstairs and gives me the "I hate your hair" look.  This kid hates change.  HATES change.
Me:  Do you just not like it #3?
#3:  No......
Me:  I'm sorry.
#3:  No....I just expected it to be much bigger....please make it bigger next time. 
Okay then....bigger it is.


So....does anybody have a preteen?  Would you want one?  Seriously, I absolutely love #1, but his attitude is worse than the smell of my garbage disposal.  After a series of bad behavior towards, well, anything.....
Me:  You're starting to irritate me!
#1:  With what?
Me:  YOU!!!
He didn't like that...and then he proceeded to give me some vocal dissertation about how he's a preteen and things are different for him than anybody else.  I keep thinking "I made it through this and my parents didn't kill me...so that gives me some one".  What I should be thinking is "this is going to be SO MUCH EASIER than when #2 hits his preteen/teen years".  If it tells you anything, this was #3's prayer....
#3:  Please God, please let #1 be #1.  Amen.
 ....apparently the preteen/teen years are affecting everybody in the house.



#2 is crying.....misses his dog.  You know...the dog that he doesn't really play with probably because the dog can't play football.  A friend came to take our dog while we were on vacation and when we came back in the house, #2 is literally on the couch sobbing.  Don't get me wrong, I love our dog....but he's sobbing....over a dog that he doesn't give the time of day to any other day of the week.  This kid amazes me.....such an athlete, such a strong-willed child (yes, that's from his mother), but he has a heart of gold.  We were driving around today and he asked about the guy at the end of the interstate and why he was asking for money.  Hubby was telling him all kinds of different reasons why he might be doing that and #2 kept saying "or maybe he needs our help", "maybe I should pray for him" or "maybe he's just sad".....a heart of gold....but the next minute he's tackling one of his brothers in the den.  I can't write enough about how completely different each of our boys are in our life by numbers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley