Monday, August 31, 2015

ARE YOU KIDDING!?!?!!?!?

This kid is excited!  #2 is officially on the team that he wanted/should have been on in the first place. It only took an act of congress, lots of prayers, many texts, numerous phone calls to get him on the team.  I know that he would have done fine on the other team, but this morning he still said he just didn't want to play football if he couldn't play with his friends.  I mean, the kiddo is eight years old, can he just play some football with his friends?  YES HE CAN!!!!  

So when I found out he was put on the team, I wrote it on a post-it note and went to his classroom during his lunch and placed it in front of him.  I was so excited to see his face.  He read it and looked at a friend and...
#2:  Hey!  I'm on the Broncos now!!!
.....wait.  WHAT!?!?!!?  You told a friend before you even smiled at me?!?!!?  Are you kidding me?!?!!??!?!  Kid, I've made people mad all over this county to see if we could get you on one of your friend's team and you told a friend before you smiled at me!?!??!?!  ARE.  YOU.  KIDDING!?!?!!

#2 had his first practice today and was smiling from ear to ear....
Me:  How was practice?
#2:  It was great....I ran did lots of drills and ran a lot!
Me:  And that was fun?
#2:  It was great!!!
....apparently we have two different ideas of the word "great" and "fun".  If someone is making me run and do drills, there better be a prize....like money...or a smoothie at the end.  Is "sports" a love language?  Cuz this kid obviously has it!  

We're just not getting back into the groove of school yet with #1.  I'm guessing the paper that was stuffed in his folder about a project confirms that we're not there yet.....
Me:  #1....WHEN did you get this paper?
#1:  I don't know....maybe last week?
Me:  This is a project...it's due Friday...it's a project!
#1:  A project?
Me:  Yes....that's why it has PROJECT written on the paper!!!
#1:  I guess I just forgot.  I mean, I'm just not in the groove of 7th grade yet. 
Me:  Ugh!  I'm about to get you ready.....
#1:  I'll get the project done.
Me:  I know.
#1:  Okay...I need help.
Me:  With what?
#1:  This project.
.....7th grade might be the death of me....or of #1.  I mean.....FORGETTING A PROJECT!?!?!??  We haven't even been in school a month.  Lord help us....

And to end our night, we got our spelling sheet for #3.  He LOVES to do his spelling cuz he gets to be creative.  She sends home a sheet that looks like a tic-tac-toe board and he picks three of the squares to do throughout the week...and there's a free space.  Now, I've told her about getting rid of this "free space".  Nobody should have their child be so creative that the child wants a pillow to write their spelling words on.....nobody.  And what if he wants to do more creative things...like write on the walls, sky write with a plane, or write on the dog!??!?!
#3:  I think I know what I'm going to do with the free space this week?
Me:  What's that?
#3:  I'm going to write my words on a spoon!
Me:  On a spoon!!?!?!
#3:  Oh I've got one.....I can call Mrs. D and spell the words to her on the phone. 
Me:  (laughing)  Sounds good to me...tell her you need her number....you've got a new idea for a free space!  

This week starts "the house stays clean because we're never home to get it dirty" season.  We've got football practice, Communion Service, Worship Team rehearsal, Hubby's got a gig, getting ready for the dry run of Butler County......at least our house will stay clean in our busy life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley