Monday, August 17, 2015

Did He REALLY Just Do That?

I absolutely love #1.  I love his personality.  I love his humor.  I love his musical talents.  I love how he makes me laugh.  I love how he works hard. 

But I just don't like him lately. 

I know some of you moms out there are like "WHAT"!?!??!!  But you obviously don't have a twelve year old....going on being a world class smart aleck.  Listen...he's a fabulous kid, but he is picking on his brothers more than I care to listen to.  He is talking back to me.  He smiles when he's supposed to be apologizing.  He rolls his eyes.  He sighs.  He makes these faces that I want to smack off his face. 

I mean, he's a great kid.  I have more compliments about this kid than I can count.  I love to hear the teachers say how polite he is and how the youth group leaders are so impressed about how he worships and just doesn't care what others think.

And after I hear those things, I look at #1....
Me:  If you can act like that with them, then you can act like that with me.
#1:  But I have to have some place where I just need to let everything go....and that's home.  You gotta understand Mom, I gotta have that relaxing place. 
.....you're lucky friends....I guess he doesn't feel like he can "let go" with you.  (insert extreme eye roll)

So what happened to make me write this tonight?  The #s were in our bed watching tv.  They were getting along so well and I could hear giggles around the house.  And then....
#2:  I'm telling.
#1:  Come on....you do it. 
#2:  I DO NOT!!!
#1:  I'm sure you have at least once.
#2:  MOMMY!!!! 
Me:  Yes?
#2:  #1 farted on me.  HE FARTED ON ME!  THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!!!
#1:  You've done it to me.
#2:  Maybe when I'm asleep and don't realize it.  But I have never looked at you and farted on you.  GROSS!!!!!
Me:  #1....that IS disgusting.  Do not fart on your brothers. 
#1:  (smiling)  Okay.  I'm sorry.
#2:  He's not sorry...he's smiling.  He did it on purpose.
#1:  (still smiling)  Geez....I said I was sorry.
Me:  Don't do it again....and wipe that smirk off your face. 
#1:  (still smiling, but now looking down) Okay.
.....friends....I never in a million years thought I would say "don't fart on your brothers".  I never thought I'd say "don't pee on your brother" either....I guess there are more disgusting firsts in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley