Saturday, August 29, 2015

Oh Yeah, I'm THAT Mom.....

Me: Did you have fun?
#3: Yes I did!
Me: They are such a sweet family!
#3: Yeah....I could totally live with them.
Me: WHAT?!?!?
#3: Don't worry....you could live with us too....as the grandma!
....AS THE GRANDMA!?!?!?!  I might have some silver hair and I might love to be in bed by 8:45pm, but a grandma???  This kid sure does know how to pull my chain.  

In reality, I am SOOO thankful that #3 had such a great time with his friends on their play date.  Birthday parties and going to people's houses don't happen much because it's just not something I want to prep him for and I don't want to worry the entire time.  You know, worry about things such as.....
  • *Is he hiding from them?
  • *Will he eat anything?
  • *What if he has a meltdown?

....the best text I got was after we had #3 in our car and the mom wrote me "Just so you know, we all love #3".  BEST.  TEXT.  EVER!!!!

On the way to school, #1 informed me that he had a science test.  UGH!!!  Kid, you didn't tell me about this test.  Now, I don't do his work for him, but I do check to make sure that he actually did the work.  I also like to know when he has a test so I can remind him to study....
Me:  What is the test over.
#1:  I told you.....Science.
Me:  So every piece of information about science is on this test?  Like how the blood flows in the body to how seeds grow to the decomposition of animals?
#1:  Don't be silly mom...it's about the elements on the periodic table.
Me:  (yeah, cuz he was that specific when he said "Science")  Okay....name me the information of three elements on the periodic table.
.....#1 proceeds to tell me more than I ever wanted to know about two of the elements on the periodic table....
Me:  I am very impressed.
#1:  Thanks...I really like Science.
Me:  Okay....
#1:  Okay, what?
Me:  Name me one more element and the information.
#1:  Seriously?  Don't be "THAT" mom.
Me:  "THAT" mom?  What is "THAT" mom?
#1:  You know, the one that says you're grounded for 24 hours and when it's been 23 hours and 58 minutes, you look at me and say you are still grounded for two minutes.
Me:  Oh honey.....I AM "that" mom and really, you'd be grounded for another 2 minutes and 1 second to make sure you got the full 24 hours.
#1:  You're killing me.
Me:  It makes life interesting for all of us...now give me the information to another element.  
.....my life has come to be sarcastic to my 12-year old.  I love this kid....but the sarcasm is totally blowing my mind with him.  Totally.  Blowing.  My.  Mind.  

Apparently #3's class got a class pet this week.....
#3:  We got a fish.  You know, I think I need a fish.
Me:  (trying to change the direction of this conversation) What is the name of your class pet.
#3:  We can call him Mr. Bubbles or Bubbles.  I first voted for Mr. Bubbles, but Bubbles is starting to grow on me.
Me:  I like Bubbles.
#3:  I think I'd like to bring the class pet home....you know....so he has people to talk to on the weekend.
Me:  I don't think you bring a fish home.  I mean, how would you get it home?
#3:  We buy a tank for our house.  I've been wanting a fish.
Me:  I don't think we need a fish.  We have a cat and a dog.
#2:  And let's face it....all of your fish have died. 
.....it's nice to have a child that is so blunt and sarcastic.  Kinda of reminds me of me.....just a little.  :) 

After a fabulous work day in Butler County today, we found out that #2 isn't on the football team that he should be on after playing for the Eagles.....
#2:  WHAT?!?!?!?  I can't do that!  I don't wanna be on a team that I've never been on...I don't even know those people.
Me:  We'll figure out what's going on.  I'm sure we'll get it all straightened out.
#2:  I mean, I want to play with my friends.....not against them.  MOMMMMM!  
.....I know he could play on any team, but he's such a team player and his friends are already split between two teams and he wouldn't be on either team.  He was so upset all afternoon.  Luckily, everybody we have spoken to has been extremely nice and understanding so we're hoping to hear something soon.  Poor kid wants to play....but with his friends.  

When we came home from our work day, our laundry room had water all over the floor...from under the dryer.  REALLY!!??!?!   And while #2 is putting towels over that, the dog gets in the litter box!  Seriously!??!?!  Then I stopped.  I looked at the #s and looked around.  Well played satan.....well played. After a fabulous day working to open the third campus, satan decides to step in and mess with us.  Nice.....but as a friend said, we're on the winning team.  :)

Speaking of our work day in Butler County.....Friends, I'm just gonna tell you that all the sadness and reservation about leaving the Bowling Green campus went away today.  The peace that God has given me was so overwhelming today as we set up classrooms and made lists of what we need.  I was blessed to work with a couple of friends in getting the classrooms set up and it makes me want to teach every one of these babies and make sure they grow to know who Jesus is.  We got to the building at 8:30am and stayed until 4:30pm....well, that's when I took the #s home.  I'm anxious to read the curriculum and hand it to my teachers and check in those babies and put the parents at ease and help with making sure that every detail is well thought out.  I mean, I am LOVIN' this!!!!!  And the #s...oh my...they were so good.  They played and they goofed off, but they really did help when we needed them to.  They were wiping toys and cleaning boxes and emptying trash and organizing.....I want the #s to feel that they have a hand in opening this campus....and today, I just know that they did!  It's amazing how God works....how He takes you out of situations, puts you in situations, closes doors, open windows, strengthens friendships, rekindles old ones, loves us, cares for us, protects us.  I am loved and I pray that I can show that love to these precious people that walk through our doors on September 13th.  I don't care what you look like, what your sin is, what you wear, what your past is, where you work......I want to show you Jesus....cuz He has pulled me out of valleys and I couldn't do life without Him.  In fact, without Jesus in my life, it just wouldn't be our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley