Sunday, August 2, 2015

Toilet Drama

We wake up 35 minutes.  Not to worry....I don't have to fix my curly hair.
#3 won't get out of bed.  Not to worry....I just say that I'll give him piggy back ride.
Gotta get something quick for the #s for breakfast.  Not to worry....they eat fast.
Clothes still not dry in the dryer.  Not to worry....we have other things to wear to church.

The toilet overflows and we have no idea why.  WORRY!!!!!!!

So I'm getting the shower ready and I look at the floor and I think.....
"wow, there must be a huge hole in the shower curtain for that much water to be on the floor.....wait....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH THE TOILET"!?!??!?!?
....so I immediately start yelling....
Me:  #S GO GET ME TOWELS....LOTS OF TOWELS!!!!!
(#2 brings me one towel)
Me:  I need LOTS of towels!!!!
#2:  You only need one to dry off with.
#1:  WOW!  What's going on?
Me:  Go get me some towels!
#1:  How many?
Me:  As many as you can find.
#2:  Here are all of the clean towels (brings two more).
Me:  Bring me dirty towels....bring me clothes....BRING ME ANYTHING....THE TOILET IS OVERFLOWING!!!!. 
.....at this point, there is about an inch of water on the bathroom floor.  We have towels and dirty clothes all over the floor....
Me:  Go get me the plunger.
#1:  I can't.
Me:  Why?
#1:  Cuz it's got latex on it.
Me:  The top is made of wood.
#2:  Mommy....we'll die.  It's full of latex....is the wood latex?
Me:  No one is going to die.  Just touch the top of the plunger.
#1:  If we touch the latex, what will happen?
#2:  She'll shoot us with the epi-pen.
#1:  She'll shoot us!?!?!?!?
Me:  GO GET ME THE PLUNGER RIGHT NOW!!!!
.....now #3 comes in the bathroom doing the pee-pee dance.....
#3:  I have to go to the bathroom.
Me:  You can't go right now.  Use another bathroom.
#3:  I can't.
Me:  WHY NOT?
#3:  This is the bathroom that I use.  If I don't use this one, then that means I'm not using the one that I always use.  It's not my schedule.  I HAVE to use this bathroom.
Me:  Do you see that there is water all over the floor?
#3:  Yes.
Me:  It's from the toilet.
#3:  I'll just tip toe around it.
Me:  THERE IS WATER ALL OVER THE FLOOR AND YOU ARE NOT USING THIS BATHROOM AT THE MOMENT.  WE HAVE THREE BATHROOMS AND YOU CAN USE ANOTHER ONE.
#3:  I WANT THIS BATHROOM!!!!
.....at this point he is in mid-meltdown in the middle of water from a toilet.
Me:  You will have to get off of your schedule for today and use another toilet.
#3:  YOU ARE THE MEANEST MOMMY EVER!!!!!!!
Me:  Yes, I'm mean because I won't let you pee while standing in dirty water, I am the meanest mommy ever.....if you want to use this bathroom, then you will have to hold it until I have mopped.
....and did you know that this little kiddo held it for fifteen minutes JUST so he could use the bathroom that he ALWAYS uses!?!!!?

They got the plunger, the water went down and I mopped the floor.  All the towels were put in the washing machine and all was right with the world in our life by numbers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley