Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bananas. BANANAS!??!?!?!

Hot creamy tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and a mango smoothie.  Sound good?  After the cashier gave me the smoothie, I drove off and took a sip....
Me:  Hubby, will you taste this?  I think it has bananas in it.
Hubby:  Are you kidding me?
Me:  Please taste it.
Hubby:  Ummm....this has a distinct banana taste.
(a few minutes later)
Hubby:  Are you okay?  
Me:  I think so....I'm sure it's just my mind, but my tongue can't go between my teeth.  I'm thinking I need some Benadryl.
 .....I'm fine now...just extremely tired.

The #s are completely off their rocker.  I don't know if they've been like this all day, but this evening has been crazy....
#1:  Do you like Outback or Longhorn's better?
Me:  Well, I would say that I like Longhorn's better....but we're not going out to eat tonight.
#2: Come on Mom.
Me:  No.....we're going home....tomorrow is the first day of school.
#1:  WHAT!?!!?!??  I thought tomorrow was Saturday!!!!
....seriously....he'll be in the 7th grade folks.

As we were eating dinner, #3 just gets up and starts rocking side to side....
Me:  What are you doing?
#3:  Nothing.
Hubby:  Sit down.
#3:  Okay (stays standing).
Hubby:  SIT down.
#3:  (huge sigh)  FINE!
....not a clue why he needed to stand.  I'm sure we'll never know.

We've also had the #s running around the house, yelling at each other, but claiming they are not mad, getting showers and baths and finally settling down for the evening.....
Me:  You all are going to have to go to bed early tonight. 
#s:  WHY!?!?!?!
Me:  Because it's the first day of school?
#s:  TOMORROW!?!??!?  REALLY!?!?!
.....are they just schedule-clueless?  I'm pretty sure we've gone over this a few times.  I mean, I'm sure there has been crying over the last week that school starts....and I'm sure that the #s have heard it.

So.....I'm not really a fan of satan.  I don't know many people that are, but this week, he's really been ticking me off.  Just in the last few days we've had the toilet water come up for no reason, endless melt-downs (in and out of toilet water), running late to everything, things not working, our car needing to be fixed, bananas in drinks, computer issues....it's just been rough....
Me:  I am just so frustrated.
#1:  Why?
Me:  Cuz there have been a ton of things go wrong and we are trying to get our act together and make sure we know what we're doing and how we're doing it and it's just not working.
#1:  Well you know who that is.
Me:  Who?
#1:  Satan....he loves to mess with us.
.....I don't blame satan for everything.  I know some things just happen.  And I know some things happen because of choices that I've made or others have made.  But this week.....I just wanna punch satan in the face. 


Alright friends......school starts tomorrow.  This year I will be teaching 50 classes and around 1000 students my love for music.  I am so excited for this year to start!  I love the freshness of a clean slate.  I love the smiles at the beginning of the new year.  I love the hearts open to learn something new.  But I miss the freedom of a schedule....and I will miss seeing Hubby and the #s all the time.  Busyness is about to start....I have to remember that God gave me a family that needs me.  I have to remember that God has also put a fabulous ministry in my family's hearts as we open Crossland's Butler County campus.  I have to remember that compassion and love is the most important thing that my students need....music comes second.  I have to remember that test scores, schedules, program review, and all the other mess doesn't even come close to being number one....I have to remember that God has put me in each classroom for a reason.  I want to keep a positive attitude and keep in mind that I can't let the other stuff get in the way. 

So I ask you to please pray for our children tomorrow.  Pray that their minds will be creative and their hearts will grow with compassion.  Pray that every teacher is a positive example for these precious souls.  Pray for the administrators as they work hand in hand with their staff.  Pray for our superintendent as he guides a fabulous district.  Teaching children is such a passion for me in our life by numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley