Sunday, September 27, 2015

What a Weekend!

If you need to hear a fabulous sermon about being overwhelmed, you need to listen to today's sermon at www.crossland.tv.  This sermon punched me in the stomach, hit me in the head and then took my feet right from under me.  It's about how we need to slow down.  God told us to rest.  God expects us to rest.  We also need to understand that God is very powerful and can change our circumstances, but we need His presence more than we need for Him to change what is going on in our lives.  When Elijah was running from the threat of Jezebel, God told him to rest. When Elijah rested and ate and rested again, the circumstances stayed the same, but Elijah was in the presence of God.  If you don't have time to take a nap, you're too busy....and so today, I took a nap.  Seriously, you've got to listen to this sermon...it's amazing!

My weekend started with a trip to the doctor.  It was a scheduled appointment...one to go over why my blood pressure is so high even on medicine.  After this appointment, I ended up scheduling blood work, an EKG and an ultrasound.  I do have to get tested for hemochromatosis...my mom has it, my uncle has it......and apparently high blood pressure and these horrible headaches could be a symptom for this.  I mean, I needed something else to worry about, right?  I will say that my doctor is fabulous and I know that he'll make sure I'm okay.....he's got to, I teach his kiddos!  

So I had a meeting after the doctor's appointment and brought dinner home after the meeting....
#2: I thought you were eating dinner at your meeting.
Me: I just couldn't eat cuz I wanted to concentrate so I brought it home to eat.
#2: Where is it?
Me: Right here.
#2: That's a salad.
Me: Yes.
#2: You mean to tell me they fed you salad for dinner?
Me: Yes.
#2: That's ridiculous.
.....he was so stinkin' serious.  I'm guessing I need to remember that in the future, #2 needs meat!  

On Saturday, #2 had football.  It was rainy and cool, but such a good game.  I love watching #2 so passionate about something.  We were rushing to get ready and when we were at the game, I noticed that #3 was wearing this.....

.....how did we let him out of the house lookin' like that?!?!?!?  Gotta love this kid's style....it's all his own!

We did go to Sam's Club after we ate lunch....
Guy:  Hello folks!  Have you heard about our special just for Sam's Club Members?
Me:  Is this with satellite tv?  
Guy:  YES!!!
Me:  Yes, we've heard it. 
#1:  That's when we got cable!
.....it doesn't matter how many times I think about this....I still laugh!!!!

Please pray a special prayer for #1....he doesn't feel very good tonight and has been in bed since 4pm.  Poor little guy only has three days of school this week......I hope he can make it.  Nobody wants to be sick in our life by numbers.  

1 comment:

  1. Praying for #1. Thanks for sharing your life with everyone. The Wiggins family is such a blessing to everyone they encounter whether they know it or not. I love you all and I love seeing how God blesses all of you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley