Monday, September 7, 2015

Rare Breed

#2 is just like his momma.  There are many times that it makes me so incredibly proud....and then there are times where he's about to dive off the diving board and he makes this face with his lips and walks like a runway model acting silly, but like he has all the confidence in the world and the people around you say "wow...if that isn't Kelley, nothing is" and I think "we are gonna be in sooooo much trouble if he's already acting like me at eight years old".  Either way, I love this kid...but I do realize that if he's like me now, we are in for a long road with this kid.....like around 15 years old is gonna kill me.  

He came home after football practice and was bummed because of the position he got.....offensive tackle.  I read up a little on it and here is a quote from Hogs Haven on the attributes of a good offensive tackle....

"The offensive tackle position is one of the toughest to play in the NFL. It takes a rare breed of size, strength, technique, quickness and athleticism to succeed. Unlike their counterparts to the inside, the tackle HAS to be strong enough to move defensive ends and defensive tackles, quick enough to drop into his kick-slide against a speed-rusher, solid enough in his hands to deliver a jarring blow to a defender that will knock him off his pursuit path, and agile enough to work in space against a smaller linebacker or corner. They also often work against the opposing teams best pass rusher in one-on-one situations.
Yes, these big men a truly a rare breed!"
....you know what I'm thinking after reading this?  I DON'T WANT MY BABY PLAYING FOOTBALL!!!  Some of you might not know this, but #2 is built like a brick.  You know, small, but weighs a ton.  The kid is solid.  Maybe that's why he reminds me of me....solid, loud, a brick...he's like a mini-me.  Anyhoo, all his football life, he's wanted to be a quarterback.  He's built like a quarterback like I'm built like a supermodel....not gonna happen.  I read the above quote from Hogs Haven to him and he said "oh.....well.....maybe I'll be good at it".  Maybe?  MAYBE!?!?!?  Another reason he reminds me of me.....
Today we had a fabulous day with friends.  You know the type of friends I'm talking about....the ones that we keep saying we're gonna get together and we finally do and we give our #s the biggest lecture of their lives to be good, be respectful, be nice....and maybe we'll be invited back???  As soon as we get to their house, the #s start talking...
You have everything!
Can we live with you?
You have a gumball machine!
Can you build us a pool?
....why didn't we tell them NOT to talk!?!??!?  And then....something happened....I just felt at ease.  We talked, we laughed....we had a fabulous time!  And I can even say that the #s were very good for the most part!  :)  
So the #s are watching tv...getting ready for bed.....
#3:  Two people in the bathtub on tv!  TWO PEOPLE IN THE BATHTUB ON TV!!!
Me:  Turn off the tv!
#2:  It's just Friends.
Me:  Which is not appropriate for you to watch.
#2:  It's on Nick-At-Nite and I watch it.
Me:  Not anymore.
....and you know what my question is?  Why is a show that I watched all the time on Nick-At-Nite?!?!?!?!?!  I am getting old in our life by 
numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley