Friday, September 4, 2015

Horrible, Terrible Thing......

As I type this, I'm sad to say that #1 has officially gotten a quality from me that I'm not proud of.  You know what I'm talking about....the things you pray that your child won't receive from you...the things you've prayed against since you found out you're pregnant.  The thing that when you see your child do/have that quality, you immediately start to work on it.  It's not like I didn't see this coming.  I've known for a while.  Today confirmed that not only do I have this quality, but #1 is just as bad.  This thing...this horrible, terrible thing.....is.....forgetfulness.

Yes, I said it.  It's horrible.  All my life I've been forgetful.  I forget things at home, I forget where I put my keys, I forget the laundry that's been in the washer for two days, I forget where the remotes are, I forget where I put my keys, I forget to get out instruments, I forget to pay bills...did I mention I forget my keys?

And it kills me that I'm so forgetful...I really can't stand it.  I keep a paper calendar AND a calendar on my phone...and not only do I check it every day, I cross reference them to make sure I don't forget anything.  I also write post-it notes to myself for things that I need to at work or when I get home.  Right now I have three post-it notes sitting on my computer at work just so I won't forget to do something by the end of September.

So this week, #1 had a math project to do.  He worked on it throughout the week and finished it yesterday.  He was so proud of it and I was so proud that he got it finished without me hounding him about it.....I mean, he did get the paper LAST WEEK and didn't remember until Monday....but after that "grrrr" moment, he worked on it without complaint.

This morning, we ran out of the house....guess what we forgot?  Guess what we didn't remember until 11:34am....
Me:  (calling Hubby on the phone...in a PANIC)  Are you at home???!!?!??!
Hubby:  (calmly)  Yes.
Me:  #1 forgot his poster....can you check to see if it's where we keep the school stuff.
Hubby:  Yes.
Me:  Is it there?!??!?!
Hubby:  It's here.
Me:  How in the world are you so calm!??!!
Hubby:  When was math class?
Me:  I'm sure it's already past.
Hubby:  Want me to take it to him?
Me:  PLEASE!?!?!
Hubby:  Leaving now.  Love you!
.....now...this was AFTER I called him early this morning and asked him to bring me papers that were due today for #2's speech meeting that I completely forgot and was still sitting on the table....where are school stuff goes.  Maybe I need to move our school stuff???

When #1 got to me after school....
Me:  So...did you turn in your poster?
#1:  Yeah....when I was walking up to the office, I kept thinking "if this is my poster, I've already had math class".
Me:  But thank you for having Dad bring you your poster so you could go ahead and turn it in???
#1:  Yes....thank you.

And then I asked him the music mom question
Me:  How was your challenge test?
#1:  It was a tie.
Me:  A tie?!!?!?  There can be no tie!
#1:  I KNOW!  The only tie in music is a slur.
.....and that's the type of stuff that makes me glad he's like me...a tad bit competitive, loves music and can add a twist of sarcasm when needed.  I guess "forgetfulness" just comes with the big ball of positive that I gave him!

On the way home, the #s begged for me to pick them up something for dinner.  We decided to go to Sonic because #1 wanted tater tots....
#3:  I do not like those....I would rather have pizza.
#1:  Do you even know what tater tots are?
#3:  Yes....they are disgusting round balls that you like to eat.
......nothing says "yummy" like the term "disgusting round balls".

Hubby had a gig tonight and it just wasn't happening for us to go...and from the crowd that has shown up, it's probably a good thing we didn't go.  I can't imagine #3 around all those people.....you might not know this, but if #3 gets really mad, he lies to hide.

Anyhoo, after they ate and took their showers, they jumped in bed to watch tv and this is what I found....
....I'm pretty sure that this doesn't really help him get used to his helmet...unless he's going to lie on the ground on the football field and trip the other team which might be quite entertaining in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley