Monday, October 5, 2015

We Pulled It Off....I Don't Know How, But We Pulled It Off!!!!!


These #s had no idea that I was taking their picture and about to change their Fall Break forever!  This is when we were leaving church Sunday.....I just said that I'd love to take a picture of them and they looked at me and smiled.  Such loving smiles.....such genuine smiles.....and they didn't have a clue!  Let's start from the beginning......

On our way back from the beach this summer, the #s talked about wanting to go back to Disney World.  We all went five years ago, but the younger two were so little that they didn't even remember the incredibly long drive.  So I posted on Facebook about how I'd love some ideas about taking them and the advice came in....and kept coming.....and coming!  It was wonderful!  Then a fabulous friend told me about her friend that is a Disney travel agent.  SOLD!  I like to save money....I really do....but I didn't have time to plan all these details while being married, raising three #s, teaching children music at three schools, AND launching our third campus at church.....I actually broke down and decided we needed help planning this....I know, pick your jaw off the floor.  (And by the way, our travel agent is AMAZING!!!  If you'd like his contact info, talk to me.....you know I wouldn't let just anybody plan this trip, but he was fabulous!)

So we've been talking to our travel agent via text for the last two months.  I mean, secret phone calls out in the car, texting for our travel agent to call Hubby since I have the kiddos, lots of e-mails.....I mean, he probably thinks we work for the CIA and can't have our voice on any recording device.  It was crazy!!!!

Fast forward to this week.....
Me:  This week we get to clean out the house!!!!
#1:  Just like we ALWAYS do....EVERY Fall Break.  
#2:  We NEVER get to go anywhere for Fall Break.
#1:  I wish we could go to the beach.
#3:  I want to go somewhere....like Disney World.
Me:  Listen...we don't have the money to go to Disney....do you know how much that stuff costs?  
#s:  It's so not fair.....
Me:  Why don't we go to the public library....we can go get some books for you all to read this week and if you read them, maybe we can do something fun!
#s:  Whatever.
....the funny thing is that #2 read two books in two days.  He was a reading machine!  He didn't even know what "fun" thing I was going to plan for him, but he wanted fun and ANYTHING was more fun that cleaning out the house.  

Now, on Thursday we did clean the house.....I WAS going to get some work out of 'em.  Then on Friday I needed to pack, but I know that if I packed the wrong clothes, I was going to hear about it.....
Me:  Hey boys....you need to pick your two favorite short sleeve shirts, two favorite shorts, two favorite long sleeve shirts, one pair of pants, favorite pajamas, and favorite underwear.
#2:  Why?
Me:  So I don't throw away your favorite clothes when we're cleaning out the closets this week!
#3:  Great.....at least we get to keep our favorite clothes (he says dripping with sarcasm)

So the dog sitter is set, the house is cleaned, the family is packed....and Hubby even packed the car...and the #s didn't see or hear a thing.....maybe I should be worried that they are that oblivious!  

After a fabulous morning at church, we head south....
Me:  You need to go to sleep and rest some before lunch. 
#2:  But I'll just go to sleep after lunch....I wanna play on the iPad.
Me:  Go.  To.  Sleep.  I don't want you to take a long nap, just short enough to give you a rest, but won't keep you up all night.  
#3:  Fine. 
.....and they all fell asleep.  We ended up driving for about two hours and then stopped for lunch....where this happened....


My favorite is the genuine shock from #2!  I mean, he kept talking about it all afternoon...
#2:  So we're REALLY going to Disney?  We're REALLY going this week?  We're REALLY going right now?!??!?!?!

I also love how #1 is such a ham "fainting" after he reads it.  He did tell me today that he really didn't know anything and he is so thankful that we planned this...and that he's sorry that he complained about not going anywhere.....
Me:  Good cuz we're definitely not going anywhere for Christmas Break!  

And #3, well, at the end of the video he looked so sad...and he was....
#3:  I'm just sad cuz I was little when I went last time and I couldn't ride the rides....what if I haven't grown!?!?!?  

So we finally got into our room at 4am.....yes, you read that correctly.  After some traffic issues in Atlanta (or wherever we were) and some horrible service at a fast food place, we got in our new home for the week and the #s HAD to take a bath.  Now, I'm a clean freak, but I told them in the car that they were just going to bed and they were fine with it....until they saw the jet tub and there was no way we were keeping them out of it.  So here they are at 4am....
So after 2 1/2 hours of sleep, we got up this morning and headed to Epcot!  It was an absolutely wonderful day with only three meltdowns with #3....and that's great for a kiddo that has had his world turned upside down.  We had a moment where his hand hit a stranger and he totally melted when she said "oh sorry sweetie"....cried right there in the middle of everybody.  

But, where Disney saved the day was when we were in line to see Mickey, Goofy and Minnie.  The #s did NOT want to see Minnie, but I said we weren't just skipping her cuz it would make her feel sad.  Well, we saw Mickey and all went well.  Then we saw Goofy and it was great until.......

#3 wanted to scan his armband to connect our picture to our account.  His band wouldn't work.  The lady tried it again...and again.  I saw #3's eyes swelling with tears, I saw his head bowing down.....I wanted to shout.....JUST ACT LIKE IT'S WORKING AND THEN I'LL FIX IT!!!!  Goofy came to us and tried to make #3 feel better, but it was no use.  #3 hid behind Hubby and started silently bawling.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  The photographer tried to help by giving him a sticker and it helped some (but our third meltdown is when he lost the sticker), but tears were officially running down his face....and then Minnie showed up....

Minnie started looking at #3's shoes and had her photographers start asking #3 questions about them. #3 was thrown off guard, but started showing Minnie how his shoes light in three different colors.  Then the photographer asked if it was lights or fireworks and #3 started laughing.  Minnie started laughing and by the end, they were both bending down trying to make their shoes light up.  Minnie then got close enough and gave that precious #3 a hug.  I have to say this picture speaks a thousands words for how Disney helped us out today.  Thank you Minnie....you are now my absolute favorite in our life by numbers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley