Thursday, October 15, 2015

Let's Take a Step Back in Time......

#3:  Mommy....
Me:  What?
#3:  I feel like I'm gonna be car sick.
Me:  HOLD ON!  HOLD ON!!!!  I NEED TO FIND A BAG!!!  WHERE ARE THE BAGS?!?!?  WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY BAGS IN THE CAR?!??!?!  HERE'S A....
Hubby:  Too late. 
Me:  Cup.

As I put the cup in front of #3, he kept vomiting.  The long ride home from Disney had officially gotten to him.  Tears are streaming down #3's face as he cries.....
#3:  I've ruined the trip....I'm made this the word trip ever!
Me:  No you haven't.
(cue #3 vomiting again)
#1:  By the way, you can keep the cup....I don't need it anymore.

And then I look at my hand....full of vomit and tears.  I'm seriously about to be sick, but I have got to keep it together....mostly because my window is stuck and won't go down and if I do get sick, it will just be all over myself.  And where are we?  Trying to drive through Atlanta....on a Friday.....at 5pm.  Nothing like traffic, a car full of vomit, 80 degrees, and three kiddos to make you want to pull your hair out.  

So Hubby weaves in and out of traffic and we get off at an exit....and we have no clue where we are.  Hubby puts a gas station in the GPS......

Gas Station #1
I look at the sign and it says "No Public Restrooms".  I go to the attendant....
Me:  Do you have a restroom.
Attendant:  No.
Me:  Okay....there's a restroom right there.
Attendant:  Yes.
Me:  Can we use it?
Attendant:  No.
Me:  MY KID HAS JUST VOMITED ALL OVER HIMSELF.....
Attendant:  The lock doesn't work.
Me:  I don't have to have a lock.  I don't care if people see me cleaning up vomit. 
Attendant:  I'm sorry ma'am....we have no public restrooms.  
Me:  For crying out loud (and other mumblings)

Gas Station #2
There are literally seven people on the front of the gas station wearing more bling than a bad Mr. T movie and they are yelling at people.  I have the cup o' vomit in my hand and look at #3....
Me:  Nope.  Just can't do it.  I don't want to have to kill someone cuz they hurt my kid....we're on vacation.  Next place please.

Now remember, #3 has this all over his pants, car seat, my bag, my hand, #1's cup, and wherever else we haven't found it yet....and I've passed two gas stations. 

Gas Station #3
Me:  May we borrow your restroom please?
Attendant:  (sighs incredibly loud) The women's restroom doesn't work.
Me:  You're in luck....he's a boy!  
Attendant:  (sighing again) I'm serious.  The women's restroom lock doesn't work.
Me:  I'm serious....I don't care.  We'll use the men's restroom.
Attendant:  What if a man comes in and needs to use the restroom?
Me:  Listen dude.....this kid has vomited all over himself and I have a cup of it in my hand.....I'm cleaning him off in the men's restroom and if a man needs to pee, he can wait. 
Attendant:  (rolls his eyes) Fine....it's back there.

The first thing I want to ask is why none of the women's restrooms have locks that actually work?  Is this a common thing in Atlanta cuz if so, they might want to think about raising some money to fix some locks.  The second thing I want to ask is why in the world aren't restrooms in gas stations cleaned???  We went in there and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years.  I can't even tell you if the toilet paper was clean.  I kept telling #3 not to touch anything......secretly I was praying that he wouldn't have a meltdown and sit on the floor.  

So that was our trip home from Disney.  I look back on it and can laugh....but very little...I mean, we're talking vomit, not unicorns and rainbows.  I guess like is always interesting, fun, and takes us on lots of adventures in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley