Tuesday, June 30, 2015

WHAT!?!?!?!? Oh No He Didn't!!!!!

Sooooo.....#2 accepted Jesus in his heart Sunday.  He's talked about it before and then goes off on some tangent so we never continued the conversation.  Here's my thing....if my kid comes up to me and talks about Jesus and brings ice cream into the same conversation, I'm not going to assume that he's exactly ready to be serious to talk to me.  (Save the nasty e-mails...trust me, I'm not winning any "parent of the year" award, so I will say I could be wrong in this thinking.)

Sunday night I'm picking up the den while #2 is eating a popsicle and he brings up how he's a Christian.  I continued to do what I was doing (I mean, the den was a mess) and I casually said "well, you're not a Christian so that's not how it would work for you".  Then he stopped eating (now we're getting serious) and he said "well, I need to be". 

We talked about how being a Christian means that he also will be an example to others.  We talked about what being a Christian means when he plays sports and goes to school and is even at home with his family.  We talked about how it's not always easy (can I get an AMEN!?!!?!?), but he will have a ton of people that will walk with him in life. 

Let me tell you.....he sat beside me on the couch and prayed his little heart out.  I mean, his prayer to Jesus was the most innocent thing I've ever heard...things like....
"please let the door to my heart be open for Jesus to live in there forever"
and
"let me be the Christian that you want me to be"
.....after hearing his prayer, I wanted to ask Jesus to help me pray like him.  Melt.  My.  Heart. 


Well......here's where it all goes wrong....see, for two years (yes, #2 has been talking about this for two years now) #2 has told me that he wants me to baptize him.  Selfishly, I have dreamed about this day....and even gotten nervous about having to speak in front of people when I do it.  And after #2 prayed, he said he wanted me to baptize him (cue heavenly music and angels singing). 

And then today he said "well, you know, Pastor G is nice....I think I might want him to baptize me".  WHAT!?!?!!?!?!???!?!?  Oh no he didn't!!!!!  Did I just hear correctly!?!?!?!!??  Now, don't get me wrong, I love our pastor and I am so incredibly glad that he and his family are in our lives....but because he's nice?  NICE?!?!?!??!?!  I mean, I've had my body cut up to get this kid out of me...I feed this kid more than what horse trainers feed their horses....I take him to every practice and game he has....AND I TAKE HIM TO CHURCH!!!!!

Okay....I'm calm.  Like I said (or maybe I've totally forgotten this altogether) I am so thankful and proud of #2 and his precious decision to follow Jesus!  I smile every time I think that two of my three children have opened their hearts to Jesus.

Now I'm off to tuck my precious #2 in bed....and see what I need to do to be back in the running on July 12th for the baptism. 

Save the e-mails.....I promise, I'm not perfect in our life by numbers!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley