Sunday, June 28, 2015

Could We LEAVE Any Faster????

My motto....
 And here's why....
I absolutely LOVE #3....but when the kid wants to do something, he stops everything and does it.  The house could be on fire and this kid will be like "give me another three minutes, I'm not finished picking out a stuffed animal yet".  Yes, I've read all about "let the children be children, don't rush them, let them do things on their own time"....BUT SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ACTUALLY BE SOMEWHERE AT A CERTAIN TIME!  And it doesn't matter if I wake him up earlier, start the getting ready process earlier, nothing.  He ALWAYS finds something to slow him down.  This happens to be a picture when he decided to sweep our front porch......
Me:  We need to go.
#3:  (picks up broom) Well, the porch needs sweeping.
Me:  Seriously....we have to go....
#3:  (continues to sweep)  But the porch has outdoor stuff on it.
Me:  Cuz it's in the outdoors....we have to go.
#3:  I'm not ready....I'm cleaning.
Me:  (takes broom) It's time to go.
....cue meltdown. 

And this is life with #3.  I know that one day I'll look at him when he's taking care of me and be so happy that he takes his time with me...but now I want him to hurry....maybe even if it's just every so often...maybe just when we're going out the door!


#1 has informed me that he doesn't like being the oldest anymore.   I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do about that....it's not like I can birth a 16 year old....
#1:  I just don't like being the oldest.
Me:  Well, that's the way it is.
#1:  You have to realize that my inner child is in control.

....I'm pretty sure that this conversation happened after he got in trouble for something.  I mean, he's right, he's a kiddo at heart and I love it, but geez....Hubby and I have told him numerous times that we were the oldest and that's just the way it is....and #1 proceeds to tell us that just because "that's the way it is" doesn't mean he has to like it.  Good point....but that's the way it is. 


At church today, I got to see some precious camp kiddos.  A lot asked how it was with going to camp with #2.  So picture this....an eight year old has a scavenger camp with all of his belongings throughout the week.  Yes, that's pretty much how it was.  If I didn't have a chaperone bring me something of his, I had a CentriKid counselor letting me know that they found his name tag and money.  So for five days, we had a scavenger hunt....and we still haven't found his swimsuit. 

The best conversation I had today was about how our boys are completely different.  Different likes and different personalities....it keeps us on our toes and that's our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley