Sunday, February 21, 2016

No Schedules, Nothing To Do Saturday

I cannot stand to talk on the phone.  I mean, it makes my neck start itching and my voice stutter.  You could be my best friend in the world and I would rather text you or e-mail you than talk to you on the phone.  It's pretty weird to me though cuz I used to love talking on the phone.  I remember begging for a phone when was a teenager.  I also remember talking to Hubby on the phone for hours...actually falling asleep on the phone.  I will look at the phone when someone calls, know who it is, know that I need to talk to them....and text them soon after they leave a message.  The only problem are those people who don't text....yes, there are some of them still around.  And at that point, I'm hoping to see this dinosaur!  
So yesterday was a day of absolute nothingness...and I have zero regrets.  I mean, when you look at our calendar, every day with a dot means we have something to do....this could be Hubby's career, my
career, music lessons, sports, therapy....it's something!  When we came up with a Saturday with nothing to do, I reminded the #s that we have NOTHING TO DO!  And when I say we did nothing, I mean, we did nothing.  I went from our bed....to the couch....to eat....to the couch....I did nothing.  At one point I ate on the couch.  I know we could have done something, but we had a fabulous family day....together....with nothing planned!  And guess what....we might have another one next Saturday...I won't get too excited about it or I might jinx it.


My only problem with yesterday's "nothing to do" day is that #2 decided that he wanted to start hounding us about a bunny.  A few years ago, #3 prayed over and over for a bunny and when we were outside working, under a bush, was a family of bunnies.  #3 was so excited and kept saying "God brought me a bunny".  Well, about a year ago, #2 decided that he wanted a bunny.  We told him if he showed us responsibility, then we would talk about it.  Well, he was crying, he was begging, he was pleading.  Seriously kid, we have a "do nothing day" and you are crying about a bunny?!?!??!  A bunny that we are NOT going to get even if we said yes.  It is my do nothing day....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?!?!?!?  Hurry....we have to plan something.

So #2 left the room very upset....and an hour later, came back with this....


......I mean, this kid worked hard and his 3rd grade reading teacher should be proud of his reasoning skills.  My question is should I really be proud that they are working on 3.8 letter writing skills if it's just going to backfire on us and we end up with this!??!?!?!  The kid has a lot of great points...but we sure don't need a bunny.  I don't need the reasons why it would be good.  I don't need the "he needs responsibility" lecture.  We don't need a bunny.

As I close our schedule free weekend, I leave you with a fun picture of #3 and me.  No make-up, in our pajamas, happy, and relaxed.....


.....I sure did love this weekend in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley