Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Cupcakes....To Eat or Not To Eat


I knew I shouldn't have eaten this the moment I looked at the package....but I had a bad day....I was angry....I was sad....I was ticked....I was ready to wallow in self pity.  I looked around the kitchen and there on the counter were the cupcakes from our life group last night.  My heart and mind said "don't do it", but my stomach and my feelings that were sunbathing on my shoulders were saying "it them....eat them all".  I grabbed my Holly Hobbie bowl from the cabinet and put one of each cupcake in the bowl and put them in the microwave for 20 seconds.  The saliva from my mouth can almost taste the cupcakes.  I grab my favorite spoon from the drawer and snuggle on the couch and put the first bite in my mouth....THAT MIDDLE HAS CREAM AND IT BURNED MY TONGUE AND THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH!!!!  And I ate both of those cupcakes with Holly Hobbie staring at me in disbelief and total disappointment.  And did I feel better about the horrible day I had?  Absolutely not.  I now know that I have to double those exercises tomorrow.  Stupid bad day.  Stupid cupcakes. 


I went to a conference this week....and missed my family greatly!  I talked to them every morning and every night...and talked to Hubby some during the day.  I pictured this fabulous reunion as I saw them at different times on Saturday.  I picked up #1 from taking the ACT and when he walked out the door, I called his name and he jogged toward me and gave me a great big hug!  Reunion one was a success! 
 Then I get to the basketball game and I see #2 and he gives me a great big hug and wouldn't let go....every time I would move, he would hold my hand tighter and scoot closer to me.  Reunion two was a success!

Hubby smiled really big and kissed me and said how glad he was to see me and we talked about the trip!  Reunion number three was a success!

Then I see #3 on the basketball court.  I pictured this kid running from the court with arms wide open...with music playing....slow motion running and him screaming "MOMMY I MISSED YOU".  When he sees me....he just looks at me.  I thought that maybe he just didn't want to make a big deal.  Then after the game....after he won and he should be excited....he says "hi Mommy" and walks away. WHAT?!?!??!!?!?  Never did he snuggle up to me.  Never did he hold my hand.  Never did he hug me over and over.  WHAT?!?!?!?

Then the next morning, #3 comes to me (after his routine of eating breakfast and other daily rituals)....
#3:  Rule #1 CHECK!!!!!
Me:  I've missed your morning hugs while I've been gone.
#3:  That's why I couldn't give you a hug yesterday when I saw you at my game.
Me:  Why?
#3:  Cuz it was already the afternoon.....Rule #1 was already over.
.....seriously?!??!  He couldn't give me a hug because it was the afternoon!?!?!?  There are so many things I just don't understand....and probably never will.


Here are a few funnies that might give you a laugh.....
Me:  Will you PLEASE get your hand off of that?!?!?!?  It's not a toy and NOBODY is trying to take it!!!!
#2:  Are you sure?  I'm just trying to protect my friend.
.....can you guess what we're talking about???!?!?  I had this issue with #1....glad to know it's with all boys.


#1:  I am sooooo frustrated.
Me:  Why?
#1:  Because #3 is so slow.
Me:  Calm down.
#1:  Seriously....it's a wonder we go anywhere with how slow he is.
.....yes....that kid has his own agenda AND his own sense of time....and it's all in slow motion.


#3:  You know what I don't like about Mondays?
Me:  What?
#3:  That it starts a new week and I'm nervous that someone is gonna pray that the week goes by slow....and then God accepts that and the week goes slow instead of fast like I prayed for.


And that, my friends, is how life has been the last few days in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley