Monday, February 15, 2016

Going Back In Time....

I always try to have the five of us sit around the table and eat dinner together.  With all the hubbub of life that goes on around us, I really try to make that a must every night.  It doesn't always happen...like I can name three times this week we won't even come close to eating together....but I try.  I'm sure it stems from some childhood issue that I'll figure out when I'm at a therapist's office one evening when I'm wondering "why won't the children call"...but I digress....

So we're eating dinner together.....
Me:  Did you all watch tv while you ate dinner?
Hubby:  Well, we had the news on, but we didn't really watch it.  
#1:  Why can't we watch tv while we eat dinner?
Me:  We didn't watch tv.  We could on Friday nights when we ate Little Caesar's pizza.  Remember when you it came with two square pizzas?
#2:  TWO pizzas?!?!?!  And they were square!?!?!?
#1:  So WHY can't we watch tv while we eat dinner?
Me:  Cuz we're sitting here as a family cuz that will reduce the percentage of you all taking drugs and alcohol and being a maniac.  
#1:  You could have just said cuz you don't want us to.
Me:  I KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD D THIS SPRING BREAK!!!!!!
#s:  WHAT!?!?!?!?  WHERE ARE WE GOING!??!?!?
Me:  We're going to show you how Dad and I grew up!!!!
#s:  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Me:  Oh yes!  It will be so much fun!  We'll eat foods we ate, we'll watch tv that we watched, we'll do things that we did!  It will be a blast!!!!
#2:  You can't make me do this.
Me:  And we can dress up in some of the things we had!  What a fun spring break this is going to be!
#3:  I wanna dress up as an old man!  
.....this conversation continued tonight on the way home from Room In the Inn......and #1 wants to wear different decades in clothes, #2 still doesn't want to do it, and #3 still wants to dress as an old man...with a cane!  I am pretty stoked about this adventure!  I can't wait to do all the things we used to do as kids!  I can't wait to see their little eyes light up in amazement!  I can't wait to hear the joyous phrase of "I love you Mom....thanks for sharing your life with us".....but I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear "can we PLEASE go back to how life is now"!

This week has been a pretty rough week for #3.  He's been sick since last Wednesday.  I'd say that our pediatrician jinxed us cuz she wrote and said she missed us....but she already claimed it.  Love that lady.....funny how you can be close to a pediatrician.  I mean, we don't see her very often anymore, but we used to meet EVERY one of her medical interns and see her at least once a week.  It's nice not to make that trek to the doctor, but I miss talking to her.....and with three kiddos and being a stay at home mom at that time in my life, I needed some adult conversation!

Anyhoo.....#3 didn't feel very well on Wednesday.  I told him he could snuggle with me in bed and he was coughing something awful.  So I propped him up.  Eventually, I fell asleep.....

10:23pm:  I felt the warmness of what I thought was pee.  I was mortified and jumped straight up....and then #3 threw up all over me.  I'm gagging, Hubby is jumping up, #3 is on all fours on our bed just throwing up.  STOP IT!!!  STOP IT!!!  I am now trying to take off my pajama shirt without vomit in my hair.  I am still gagging, Hubby is ripping sheets on the bed and #3 is just staring at me....
          Me:  What is wrong?!??!?!?!?  Are you awake?!??!?!
          #3:  I'm okay.  Just getting sick.
.....what!?!?!??!?!?!?  So I am jumping in the shower trying to calm down.  I get #3 in the shower and cleaned.  #3 is looking at me all glassy eyed and calm.  Doesn't shed a tear.  Doesn't make a peep.  He is zoned out.  I still don't know if the kid was even awake through all of that.

10:30pm:  We are ready to go back to bed.  My sheets are ruined.  My mattress is ruined.  Heck, I'd claim the bedroom is ruined at this point.  We move to the couch for sleep.  Hubby is the best Hubby in the world cuz he cleaned the bed up as good as new and washed the bedding.  Best.  Hubby.  Ever.

2:17am:  Hubby gives #3 some medicine.

2:18am:  #3 throws up said medicine....luckily we have a bowl.

....from this point forward, Hubby and I are waking up at any little noise that #3 makes.  If he snores, coughs, takes in air loudly....we are up.

4am:  #3 decides he wants to take a shower.  Seriously?!?!!?  It's 4....IN THE MORNING!!!!  Hubby is very kind and gives the kid a bath and I get 15 minutes of uninterrupted sleep.  It was glorious!  #3 comes back to snuggle and we repeat the "waking up at every noise" for the rest of the time we're supposed to be sleeping....and then my alarm goes off.  Geez it's gonna be a long day.

The good thing is that there was no infection.  But the kid has been glassy eyed, taken naps during the day, and has eaten much since Wednesday night.  It's a horrible weight loss plan and the kid didn't need to lose any weight.   The most precious picture I have is when we had to take him to the bathtub to take his medicine.  He had already gagged on his medicine and threw it up 15 seconds after he took it.  This is #3 in the bathtub, praying to God that he will keep it down and contemplating which one he should take first.......
.....my hearts melts when I see this picture....my heart melts all the time in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley