Thursday, December 31, 2015

Big Fat Chin....AND IT'S FREE!!!!



I mean, we know how to end 2015 with a bang....or a wave, I should say!  Yes, that is a lot of water all over our kitchen floor....it was a nice way to wake up this morning, huh?  I mean, there is nothing like being all warm and toasty from your heated blanket to walk into the hallway and you now have wet socks on and you're not quite sure what you stepped in, but you know that it's highly unusual (even for our family) to have water all over the floor.  

Apparently our fridge valve popped and water went everywhere.  By the time I saw it, Hubby had towels everywhere and water was still into our dining room and hallway.  I kept thinking "you couldn't just leave peacefully could you 2015???"....
Me:  Did you see this water when you took out the dog?
Hubby:  No.
Me:  Did you not see it when you just got a towel to take a shower?
Hubby:  No....I didn't go in the kitchen to get a towel.
Me:  So do you not know how long this has been here.
Hubby:  No.  Wanna grab more towels????
....apparently I was asking too many questions while our current towels had soaked up as much water as they could possibly hold.  And as I brought more towels and blankets to soak up the water....
#2:  That's my blanket.
#3:  I'm cold, can you keep that blanket?
Me:  I'm not using your underwear to clean up the water....
#2:  But I'm cold.  
....this is coming from two #s that sleep with no shirt on and only have pants on cuz I make them.  GET SOME CLOTHES ON #S!!!!!!

So with all the water that we had, we used all of our towels and most of our blankets...and I found out that I probably need to clean from under and behind our appliances a little more often.  I mean, I was just talking to a friend on Christmas Eve after her kiddo's cars went too close to the stove that he might not want that car back if it got under there because something might bite him.  And here we are....December 31st and we are cleaning out from behind and under the fridge.  Nice 2015.  Nice.  

The amazing thing is that God gave me a husband that can fix this sort of stuff.  He just gets all dirty and disgusting and fixes it all.  He was so frustrated cuz he was supposed to go see Star Wars (again) with some friends and had to cancel, but he did a great job fixing our fridge, the pipe, the floors....and whatever else was involved.  It's amazing to me cuz I was ready to get rid of the fridge thinking that it wasn't cold enough....
Hubby:  That has nothing to do with this....and it's always at that temperature.  
....apparently I just go completely crazy when things like appliances and house stuff go crazy! 

We've had a really spectacular week.  We went to a fabulous germ infested fun center on Monday with some friends.  I absolutely LOVE these friends and sometimes I think they take me to these places to see if I'll just explode from the lack of hand sanitizer!  :-)  We had a blast bowling, playing games, playing glow in the dark putt putt, skating...just a TON of fun!  As soon as we walked in, my friend says "so....what do you think of the smell" and starts laughing.  We did end up leaving and going to eat before we came back to bowl.  Pizza is a great way to feed all of us, so we went to a pizza place.  And let me tell you....the tables were so sticky that we just looked at each other and put our arms in our laps.....at least it will teach us manners, right?  ha ha!!

While we were bowling, #3 comes to me and whispers....
#3:  Guess what I'm gonna do.
Me:  What?
#3:  I'm gonna step over the line before I throw my bowling ball.
Me:  That's against the rules.
#3:  I know (insert evil laugh from a seven year old)
....I always thought #2 would be my rebellious child.  I stand corrected.  


Tuesday night, Hubby and #2 had a "Daddy Date Night".  It was so sweet cuz they were going to do one thing, but then a friend invited them to watch a basketball game in the box seats they were given. #2 dropped EVERYTHING he had planned and said YES to the basketball game.  

Since they had something to do, #1, #3 and I picked up dinner and headed home.  On the way home, they were talking about making a tv show and putting it on the air when they get older.  They had all kinds of ideas, but the one they agreed on was a tv show about a mom and her family....and the mom just happens to be married and have three boys.  So when we get home, they are still talking about this tv show, but now they're writing the lyrics to the theme song.  Nothing pleases me more than seeing my #s not only get along, but they are also writing music together.....until.....
#1:  ....And his mother has a big fat chin!
#3:  I love it!
Me:  I'm pretty sure I don't like you talking about me like that.  
#3:  Oh we weren't talking about you.  Our tv show has a rich mother....you're quite poor.  
...and just like that...my hopes...my dreams....all busted.  

So after all this excitement this week....and today....we stayed at home and chilled.  I don't like driving around on New Year's Eve and I've become quite the homebody lately.  We cleaned out the laundry room, watched tv, played video games.....all the things we should do on the last day of the year.  Then I hear #2 yelling at the top of his lungs "MOMMY" and finally he ran into the den.....
#2:  MOMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!  HURRY!!!!!  COME HERE!!!!!!
.....thinking something is dead or about to be, I run into my bedroom where #2 has decided to watch tv.....
Me:  WHAT!?!?!?!?!?  What is wrong?!??!?!  Who's dying?!?!?!!?!?  What's going on?!?!?!?
#2:  IF YOU ORDER IN THE NEXT 6 MINUTES, YOU GET THAT BRUSH FOR YOUR FACE.......FOR FREE!!!!!
Me:  Are you kidding me?
#2:  NOOOOOO!!!!!  
Me:  You brought me in for a free face brush?
#2:  You're got to order it.....NOW!!!!
Me:  Honey, you realize that you've got to buy the other stuff they're selling in order to get the face brush free?
#2:  Who cares....they're giving away something free....WE LIKE FREE!!!!
......I mean, I'm thinking that I need to explain how a "deal" actually works in our life by numbers!?!?!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley