Monday, December 28, 2015

Insurance, Needles, I Love You

I had a friend ask if she could share my blog.....ABSOLUTELY!  Share away friends.....I hope I make you and your friends laugh....and help you realize that we're all in this together!  

Our insurance company has been calling me for the last two months to change my life insurance.  I'll be honest with you....I don't answer my phone....ever.  If I call you, there must be some miracle about to happen cuz I hate to talk on the phone.  In fact, my answering machine voicemail message says "if you really want to talk to me, you might as well hang up and text me".  I know, I know....very rude, very unsocial....very me.  I used to love talking on the phone....I remember in college I would talk to Hubby on the phone until we'd fall asleep and then one of us would wake up and hang up the phone.

Anyhoo....I've ignored this phone call for a while and then the insurance company started calling Hubby.  So not only did I have them calling, but I had Hubby nagging me to call them.  I think Hubby finally gave up cuz he called them and they said if I don't change my life insurance, it's going up $59 a month....and that's when our appointment was made.  

So while we're making sure we're getting everything in order, the lady has the audacity to ask me my weight.....IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND AND #S!!!!  Now, I'm pretty happy with the way I look most of the time.  I lost 50 pounds with AdvoCare about four years ago and I still use the product daily.  I exercise.  I teach music which makes me move and jump and dance daily.  But you do NOT ask someone's weight in front of people.  I about died.  And I lied.  Yes friends, I lied.  I said I was 10 pounds lighter than I really am.  

So we continued with signing forms and going through everything and then the lady mentions how I have to have a physical.  WHAT?!?!?  I just lied about my weight and now I have to have a physical!?!??!  I'm sure she said more important things, but my mind was racing.....do I need to change my weight?  What happens if it puts me in another insurance bracket?  I was going crazy.  On top of all this, she says that they will prick my finger for blood.  COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE!?!??!?

Another lady called to do my physical at home.  She said that she was booked the rest of that week, but could do the next week.  I'm thinking this is great cuz I've got shows for schools and I didn't have time either.  BUT....there was no calm that week.  I was worried about what I had done.  WHY did I tell her the wrong weight?  WHY did she ask in front of my family?  WHY didn't I fix it right then and there?  

The next week came around.....and the doorbell rang.  The lady has me pee in a cup.  I'm already nervous and now I've got to hit a target with pee.  Then she tells me she's going to draw blood.  Ummm...no.  "Drawing blood" means taking large amounts of blood in my arm with a big needle that could possibly make me sick to my stomach and pricking my finger is a tiny needle in one of my fingers that will be fine within the hour.  

Oh no....she is DRAWING BLOOD!  She is poking and prodding and can't find a vein and I'm about to die of sweating.  She finally finds a good place in my left arm and then starts hitting it.  Seriously, I'm about to drown in my sweat.  I feel the needle, I feel my heart rate go up.  I feel her move the needle and I'm about to pull it out myself.  Then it's over.  And then she pulls out the scale.  

I stand on the scale.  I feel the sweat.  I stand still.  I hold my breath so not other air can enter my body.  And I am the weight that I told the insurance lady.  Wait....what?!?!?  Did I lose 10 pounds from pure anxiety?  Did I lose it from the busyness of the week before?  Did I lose it from all the sweat in the short amount of time that she was there to do my physical?  

But I did learn a lesson....yes.  I shouldn't lie cuz it causes me anxiety, sweating, and second guessing myself.  AND....it's not good to lie!



So we've had a ton of rain and storms lately.  It's been crazy to have this kind of weather in December.  In fact, last week we even had a tornado warning and everything cut in the tv programming for us to seek shelter immediately.  We sent the #s to our safe spot as Hubby and I went back and forth to the tv to see how close the storm was to us.  When we let the #s out of their spot, we found #3 in the den.....
Me:  WHAT are you doing?
#3:  I'm finding my presents and shaking them to find out what they are....you know....in case we don't make it. 
....of course, this was slightly funny, more creepy.  But then for Christmas, #3 received a watch.  He calls it his "apple watch" cuz it has apps, but it's really one of those V-Tech watches.  He LOVES it and has been taking pictures.....
Me:  You're so sweet to take pictures of your family.
#3:  I'm doing it so I have things to remember you by in case you don't make it.
.....DOES HE KNOW SOMETHING THAT I DON'T KNOW!?!??!?  It's starting to creep me out a bit.  He even did it with the grandparents.  You know, that kid has this line to God that is unbelievable....it something does happen to any of us soon, the rest of us better listen to #3....about everything!


I know leave you with some little clips of things the #s have said over the last few days.....
#2:  Can we play a game?  I would like to play the bad game now.
Me:  The bad game? 
#2:  Yes.....Trouble....the bad game.  


On Christmas morning as #1 is trying to wake us up with #2....
#1:  So Mom, you know about kinetic and potential energy right?  
Me:  What?
#2:  No.  No she doesn't.  


#1:  Oh my goodness!  Mom, this is delicious!!!!
#2:  Like this is the best stuff ever!!!!
#3:  It IS so yummy!!!!
Me:  Thank you #s!!!
#1:  I mean, you're one step closer to being a cook!!!


#2 and Hubby playing a basketball video game.....
#2:  We're wearing the same color jersey.
Hubby:  It's gonna be hard to tell them apart.
#2:  I'll be the better team....we'll be able to tell them apart.  


Me:  I love you.
#2:  Thank you.
Me:  THANK YOU!?!?!?!?
#2:  I mean, I love you.
Me:  If a girl tells you she loves you, then you can say thank you, but with your Mommy, you say I love you.
#2:  Cuz you're my girl! 


To your home.....I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas......and  have a blessed New Year.....from our life by numbers!











A message from Blogger....

An update on Google Friend Connect

1 week ago by A Googler
In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.


As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.


We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.

Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley