Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sleep Walking

Hello friends and welcome to 2016....seven days late.  I mean, I'm late in writing, but at least I haven't written 2015 on anything...yet...though I do most things on the computer and it's already in there for me.

Our New Year's Day was fabulous.  We were invited to come eat at a friend's house and we had a blast!  Isn't it funny how you see people in one light and think "wonder what they're really like"....and they're the same?!??!!?  I hope people realize that we're the same no matter where we go.  I can't even imagine what our life group thought about us before...during...and after the first time they came over. I mean....I wonder what they think of us now?!?!?!?  Back to my point.....it was a really fun time with our friends and new people!

Anyhoo....it's been a whirlwind getting back into the groove of things.  I'm pretty sure that the #s and I sat on the couch with Hubby as we pouted, whined, and cried about going back to school.  We got absolutely zero sympathy (maybe cuz Hubby worked throughout the break) but the #s and I bonded as we had a common bond....not ready to go back to school.  I mean, I love what I do....but I also love sleeping late and taking my time to eat....and peeing whenever I actually need to!  :-)

So #2 has this really weird habit of being memorized by commercials....but he doesn't quite understand that the "free" thing these companies offer actually only come IF you order the product.  We went through this tonight with an oxygen take that you can carry.  Yes.  I'm serious.......
#2:  If you order it now, we get free shipping!!  That's FREE shipping!!!!!
Me:  Do you realize what they are going to ship to you?
#2:  Ummm....oh...oxygen....
Me:  Do we really need an oxygen tank???
#2:  Guess we don't need that????  Even though it's free shipping?
Me:  No....we don't need an oxygen tank....we can breath just fine.  
.....I've got to watch this kid during commercials...what if he starts ordering!??!!?!?  He already reminds me of a 80 year old man just sitting around ordering from QVC....cuz he gets something free!


We also had a little issue with #3 about marrying me.  He has in his head that he needs to marry me.  He doesn't know the word "divorce" so he uses the word "unmarry"....
#3:  Will you please unmarry Daddy and marry me?
Me:  No baby...I like being married to Daddy.
....#3 proceeds to jump up to hug me and grabs my neck and hangs on.....
#3:  LOOK!  Now you're married to me AND Daddy!
Me:  Honey, get off my neck!
#3:  Hey....we're married now...you're not the boss of me!!!!
Hubby:  You obviously don't understand this married thing.
.....I didn't know if I should be mad at #3 about him saying I wasn't the boss of him or Hubby for his smart aleck-ness....but I'm pretty sure I should be mad about something and at someone.


#1 has started P.E. class at the junior high school.  He's been crazy excited about trying it cuz he keeps telling us he wants to work on his abs....if he even knows what abs are.  He came home yesterday and he was so over P.E. class....
#1:  So picture this....I'm in the middle of gym class and I'm doing squats...I go down slowly like I'm supposed to and BAM....I farted.  Farted doing a squat.  Farted in gym class.  And THAT is why I don't like sports.
....I needed the laugh that came afterwards.  #1 just looked at me.  I couldn't help it.  I mean, his face was so innocent, his voice is changing, he is so into his story....and I just lost it.  I'm sure I lost big "mom points" over that one....but it was so funny!


Last night at 1am I got up to pee......that's not really funny......unless you want to make fun of a 38 year old woman that has to get up every night to pee....anyway....I got up to pee.  I'm washing my hands and I see #1 walking down the hallway....
Me:  What are you doing?
#1:  Sleeping.
Me:  Seriously.....what are you doing?
#1:  I'm sleeping.
Me:  Do you need to use the bathroom?
#1:  No, I'm sleeping.
Me:  What are you doing right now?
#1:  I'm sleeping?
Me:  Do you need a drink?
#1:  No.
Me:  Are you scared?
#1:  No.  
Me:  Did something wake you?
#1:  No.
Me:  Let's take you back to bed.
#1:  Okay
......so I take him back to bed and tuck him in....
Me:  Do you want the blue light off?
#1:  No.
Me:  Goodnight.  Love you (and I kissed him on his forehead)
#1:  Love you too.
....and off to bed he went.  I KNEW he was asleep when he didn't wipe off my kiss.  He hates to be kissed and I knew that would be the test if he was sleep walking or not....and apparently he was.  I was then up for the next 45 minutes just to make sure he doesn't sleep walk out the door.  Isn't it funny what life throws at us?


Tomorrow is the big day....I get my eyes dilated.  Apparently this needs to happen cuz my eyes are having so many muscle spasms that my vision prescription changes all the time.  My doc kept on saying "are you SURE that this looks better than the last one".  I'm thinking he was a tad bit frustrated.  He kept asking me all these questions....
Doc:  I'm guessing you're grading lots of papers?
Me:  No.
Doc:  I'm guessing you have to put grades in the computer a lot?
Me:  No.
Doc:  I'm guessing you have to help children with technology assignments?
Me:  No.
Doc:  What exactly do you do as a teacher?
Me:  I teach children music.
Doc:  Oh.
.....yes friends....no papers to grades, no grades to input.....I've just got crazy eyes.  So he said that I needed to have my eyes dilated so he could look and see what the prescription is and see what's going on and "hopefully" have one of my eye pains and blurriness while I'm there.  Funny.....I don't ever "hope" for an eye pain or blurriness, but I guess that's a kick in his job.  We scheduled the dilation for tomorrow and I have to have someone take me home.....
Doc:  Make sure you bring someone with you on Friday.
Me:  I sure will.
Doc:  Because your eyes will be dilated.
Me:  Yes, I'll bring someone.
Doc:  And your eye spasms are so bad that you really don't need to be driving with them dilated.
.....yes, I get it.....I'm going downhill fast.  I've got the bladder of a 60 year old woman and the eyesight of a rhinoceros.  Yes, I had to look that up (and I bet some of you will too...just to check up on me).  Have a blessed week....from our life by numbers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley