Saturday, January 23, 2016

SNOW DAYS!

I'll admit....I love a fabulous snow day....the ones where we can't get out and do anything.  The ones were I can binge watch The Big Bang Theory with Hubby as the #s play and watch their movies.  The snow days that let us sleep in (though nobody in this house sleeps really late cuz they wake everybody else up) and we lounge around the house.  The snow days that we can go outside and actually play in the snow instead of walking around an icy ground.  Give me a great snow in the winter....one or two will be fine.....and then we can zip through the rest of the school year getting ready for summer vacation.  I love a great snow!  







Let's see.....since the big "I'm changing to tuba now that you've paid over half of my trombone off" story, things have been pretty calm.  We had #2's birthday party.  I cannot even begin to tell you how crazy it is to me that he's almost nine years old.  This kid has taught me a whole lot of stuff.....like the entire world of sports!  I'll have a post just about him next week on his birthday!  LOVE that kid! 

We were off on Monday and it was just a really "blah" day for me.  Things weren't going right and I had to do things that I didn't want to do (we found ants so I took it upon myself to clean #2 and #3's room).  I washing sheets and I was just ticked....not really at anybody, but just the situation....
Hubby:  Let me help you.
Me:  I don't want your help.  I wanted to do nothing today.  I know it's selfish, but I wanted to sit and watch tv.  I wanted to eat whatever I wanted.  I wanted to just be at our house and be lazy....AND INSTEAD I HAD TO CLEAN THE SHEETS AND CLEAN UP A ROOM BECAUSE OF ANTS!!!!!  
Hubby:  It's not selfish....everybody needs some time to themselves.  
Me:  WELL....I'M TALKING TO YOU AND DOING SHEETS SO THERE IS NO TIME TO MYSELF NOW EITHER!!!!!
.....have I mentioned that sometimes I'm just about the craziest person you'll ever meet?  I'm not proud of how I acted, but I really wanted a day to myself.  I think I really wanted a day where I wasn't doing laundry....but I digress....

Now.....before this conversation continues, you must know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE our life group.....and I am more thankful that they come to our house every week!  They are rockin' my life with friendship, honesty, love, blessings...the list can go on....but I wasn't feeling them coming over on Monday because I was already ticked off about the sheets.  So before the laundry conversation when Hubby got home, this was the conversation on speakerphone....
Me:  WHAT are we going to make for life group?
Hubby:  Well....are there boxes of desserts in the cabinet?
Me:  It's my day off....and you want ME to cook?!??!!?
#1:  Seriously Dad.....she's not a cook....whether it's her day off or not. 
Me:  Thanks son....thanks a whole lot.
.....can you tell I just wasn't feeling the whole "Monday"??!??!?!?  Apparently I needed some sleep cuz I woke up in a much better mood on Tuesday.  

So our week has consisted of no school on Monday, go to school on Tuesday, no school on Wednesday, an hour delay on Thursday, and no school on Friday.  I'm pretty sure that this is a musician's dream schedule and I could totally do this for the rest of my life.  Yep, pretty sure.  In fact, #2 woke up so nice and happy Thursday morning.....
#2:  That extra hour of sleep is just what I needed.  Will you please ask Mr. F to start school from now on an hour later?  
Me:  Yes, I'll get right on that...I'm sure our superintendent will change the school schedule just for you.
#2:  I'm friends with his kid, we got this.  
.....#2 really thinks he has the power to do all kinds of things that are out of his control.....that's one of the things I like about him.  :) 

So I'd like to end with the #s and I doing our snow song.  We had a fabulous time putting this together...I mean, it's nothing professional, but it's fun....and hilarious!  #2 did say that he won't do this again if we pick a "Frozen" song....


.....hope you enjoy our show....from our life by numbers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley