Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Ritz Carlton Water

I am a teacher.  My hubby is a pastor.  We are rich in love.  We are rich in family.  We are rich in blessings.  We are rich in friends.  We are not rich in money....but apparently some poor soul thinks we are.

It started with me sitting in the waiting room of the therapist's office and checking our account to make sure there was money to pay the therapist.  Okay, let me rephrase that....I knew we had money in there, but I'm pretty OCD about checking our account every day, so now was a fabulous time to check the account.

And then I see that there are three debit transactions from Kroger.  Well, that's all fine and dandy and we do have a Kroger on every side of this town...but this Kroger was in Ohio.  And that's when it hit....like in slow motion....WE....DON'T....LIVE....IN....OHIO....ANYMORE....yeah, it felt about that slow.  I scroll through our transactions and see Ritz Carlton in Maryland.

And then I laughed.

And laughed some more.

Remember....I'm a teacher.  Hubby is a pastor.  We're not staying at the Ritz Carlton any day in our lives.  I mean, we can't even afford the water in their bathroom, much less to actually LIVE in one of the rooms for a night....or an hour.

So in this quiet waiting room, I call Hubby....
Me:  OUR BANK ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!
Hubby:  What?
Me:  OUR ACCOUNT!  THEY'RE IN OHIO....OR MARYLAND....YOU'VE GOT TO CALL THE BANK!!!!
....I'm pretty confident the lady in the waiting room thinks that I'm the one that was waiting for the therapist.

Hubby calls the bank and they've already caught the suspicious transactions and have canceled Hubby's card.  I guess it IS pretty suspicious to have some transactions in Ohio and Maryland in the same day.  He says everything will be credited back to us and not to worry.  Of course, I'm pretty sure "worry" is my middle name, so worrying is what I'll be doing until the money is credited back.

Yes....I know that the Bible says not to worry and God will take care of the flowers and birds and He loves me more than them, but everybody sins and this is mine....SO I WORRY!  I have literally been looking at our account every hour trying to see if anything else has been spent from these people that obviously think we have enough money to cover their trip across the country.  BUT....here's where I married well....Hubby does not worry.  He's just not one to get all up in arms about things.  He thinks, he concentrates, he focuses, he makes sure that things make sense....on the other hand, I'm "DREAM BIG"...."GO BIG OR GO HOME"....."THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX"...."DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING"...."WORRY UNTIL YOU MAKE YOURSELF SICK".....and that's why we work well together.  So as my worrying continues, I get this text from Hubby....

....yeah, this is how it works in our life by numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley