Wednesday, May 4, 2016

HOPE

Today was a rough day for the #s.  #1 said that after having KPREP, he had homework tonight and how unfair that was after having to test today and for the next few school days.  #2 said that he was upset that he rained and he couldn't play outside and he got frustrated on his KPREP on the poem section.  #3 said that he sat beside someone today that just wouldn't stop talking.  The entire ride home was full of negative thoughts.  I kept saying"say something positive".  They each came up with something:
#1:  KPREP was easy today.
#2:  I got to play in the gym.
#3:  I went on a field trip....and finally told the friend to stop talking.  

We got home and they played basketball together....and then came in for a dinner from Mom.  Obviously it wasn't something spectacular like we've had from Hubby the last two days.  Then I listened to #3 say how much he hated dinner, me, the day, everything.  It was 45 minutes of me just wanted to crawl under the heated blanket and go to sleep.  After dinner, I went to the couch to just breathe and looked down and saw this....
an anchor with the word "HOPE" on it.  With the things going on in our life, that's what we need....HOPE.  I have a HOPE....a BELIEF....a FAITH in Jesus Christ that He will get us through the hard times.  He's my anchor....He's been my anchor through the toughest storms in my life and even though tonight consisted of my child that loves me screaming at me and telling me how much he hates dinner and everything else at that particular moment, I have the HOPE...the KNOWLEDGE....that this storm will pass and all will be right in our life by numbers!   





*Anybody interested in this bracelet will be happy to know that I received it from Amazon!  Here's the link if you're interested.....HOPE Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! God bless you!
Grace and Peace,
Kelley